- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:3h 30m
- Serves: 3
- Yield: 11 pieces
- 1 c soaked (uncooked) chickpeas (channa)
- 1/2 small onion
- a handful of cilantro/fresh coriander
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 -2 dry red chillis
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Salt to taste
- About 1tsp oil
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, onion, coriander, garlic, chillis, cumin and salt. Pulse until you get a coarse batter.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Use a tablespoon measure to divide the batter into about 11 balls.
- Place each ball in your palm and press lightly using your fingers to flatten it just slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C.
- Heat a cast iron pan (or any regular pan) with a light coating of oil.
- Place the flattened balls in the pan and roast it on both sides until golden brown.
- Transfer the cast iron pan into the oven directly and let the falafel bake for 15 minutes. If you used a non-cast iron pan, then transfer the roasted balls to a baking tray lined with foil, and then bake for 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply