- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:12m
- Total Time:22m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 5 flautas
- 5 wheat (or regular) tortillas
- 1/4 c crumbled fresh paneer
- 1/4 c onions
- 1/4 c green capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1/4 c finely diced carrots
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 -3tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup grated cheese of your choice (Cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack, etc)
- Salt to taste
- 2 -4 tsp oil
- Heat 2 tsp of oil and over medium-low heat, sauteé the onions until soft and translucent. Add a pinch of salt to speed the process.
- Add in the bell peppers and cook till soft.
- Turn off heat and stir in the diced carrots and crumbled paneer
- Season with cumin, salt and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat up the tortillas in a pan till soft and warm to the touch.
- Place about 3tbsp of the filling inside the tortillas and then roll them up, in a single fluid motion.
- Preheat oven to 425°F/ 220°C.
- Line a large baking tray with foil, and grease with remaining oil. The more oil you use, the crunchier the tortillas will get.
- Roll each rolled flautas in the oil and place them seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F/ 220°C for 6-8 minutes then turn them down to the other side and continue baking for 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve hot!
Leave a Reply