- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 3
- Yield: 6
- 1 c corn kernels, cooked and salted
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- 2 tsp. corn flour
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 c grated cheese (I used a blend of cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack and colby)
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded, diced
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 -3 spring onion sprigs, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 -3 tsp oil to fry
- In a bowl combine the corn, flour, cream cheese, cornflour, lime juice, cheese, jalapenos, paprika, coriander powder, coriander leaves, spring onions and salt. Mix well till it forms a sticky, thick batter.
- Take 1/4 cupfuls of the mixture, and form patties.
- Over medium heat and little oil, fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Serve hot with your choice of sauce.
Leave a Reply