- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:25m
- Total Time:30m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 1 tart
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 5 thin slices of eggplant, quartered
- 1/4 c green peas
- 3 2" pieces of bell pepper (different colors), cut into triangles
- 4 baby potatoes
- 2 -3 florets of cauliflower
- 2 indian shallots, peeled and quartered
- 5 mini tomatoes (cherry, pear, assorted colors)
- 1/2 c spicy marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp. crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp. Milk, for brushing
- Oil spray
- 1 sprig of dill
- fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to package instructions.
- In a small pot of water + salt, boil the potatoes, cauliflower and peas, draining each once cooked and blanching them in a bowl of cold water and ice. Drain and set aside. Slice the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F/200°C. Line a medium baking tray with foil. Transfer the thawed pastry sheet to the prepared tray.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry sheet to form a 1 inch lip all around. Spread the marinara at the center in an even layer.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer, as creatively as possible. Top with dill.
- Brush the outer lip of pastry with milk wash. Spray/brush the tops of vegetables with oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. If adding goat cheese, do it now, and bake for a further 5 minutes. Then broil for 2-5 minutes until the tops are slightly charred.
- Optionally, you can also caramelise the tops over with a blow torch.
- Let cool slightly before garnishing. Slice and serve hot!