- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:35m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: About 2 cups of simple syrup
Simple Peach Syrup
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 c water
- 1 c raw sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 4 -6 cloves
Spiced Peach Iced Tea
- Simple Peach syrup, chilled (from above)
- Milo's unsweet iced tea, chilled
- Ice cubes (optional)
- peach slices (optional)
- a sprig of fresh mint
Make the simple peach syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Add the sliced peaches (with skin) and whole spices and let simmer for 25-30 minutes. Every now and then, push the peaches down into the sugar to allow the juices and color to leech.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Drain the peaches and whole spices and transfer to a clean, airtight jar. Press down to release more juices from the peach.
- Refrigerate the simple peach syrup. Keeps well for a month.
Assemble the iced tea
- Combine 1/4 c of simple peach syrup with 1 c of iced tea to make a delicious Spiced Peach Iced tea on demand.
- Serve with ice cubes, fresh peach slices and a sprig of mint for a refreshing summer drink.