- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:25m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: Fills an 8oz/250gms bottle
- 320 g fresh strawberries, washed+chopped
- 5 -6 tbsp Vegan honey (or use regular honey or sugar)
- 3/4 tsp. agar agar powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla bean paste (or 1 tsp extract)
- 1/4 tsp. dry red chilli flakes
- In a small saucepan, combine the chopped strawberries and honey. If you want your jam to be more spicy, add the red pepper flakes now. Else stir it in at the end with the vanilla.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Once it starts to bubble, set the timer for 10 minutes and let it continue to boil. Stir every couple of minutes.
- Once the time is up, sprinkle (while stirring) in the agar agar powder. Make sure it doesn't clump.
- Turn off the heat. Remove about 1/3rd of the jam and pureé smoothly in a blender. Return the pureé to the rest of the jam. Stir in the vanilla and red chilli flakes (if you haven't already added it in the first step).
- Transfer to a clean, sterile bottle. Let cool completely on the counter. Seal and refrigerate until use. Keeps well refrigerated for upto 2 weeks.