- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:12m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 40 Raw | 20 Roasted
- 150 g vegan butter
- 70 g (1/2 c) garlic scapes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. olive oil (for the roasted version only)
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a small baking tray with foil.
- Toss the chopped scapes with 1/4 tsp olive oil and spread on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 425°F/220°C for 12-14 mins. Cool completely, then grind into a slightly coarse powder.
- You can melt the butter (optional), if you are going to pour into molds. If piping, proceed with softened, room temperature butter.
- Combine the powdered roasted scapes with the vegan butter. Season with salt. Pour into molds (if melted) or pipe about 1-2 tsp servings on a baking tray lines with wax paper.
- Freeze until solid, then wrap individually in foil and store frozen.
- Blend the chopped scapes until coarsely ground. Add vegan butter, salt and continue blending till smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a nozzle of your choosing. Pipe about 1-2 tsp worth of butter on a baking tray lined with wax paper. Freeze until solid.
- Wrap each piece of butter in foil and store frozen.