Now this microwave Kesari is is all my mother’s doing! It’s her recipe, her method, I’m just putting it in record here. Somehow I like microwave kesari better than the stove top one, primarily because it is just as soft with way less ghee and without standing over a hot stove.
Microwave Kesari Serves 4-5
You will be needing
– Semolina/Rava, 1 cup
– Sugar, 1 1/2 cups
– Water, 2 1/4 cups
– Cashews and Raisins, as much as you like
– 2-3 tsp Ghee/clarified butter
– Food color, a pinch. (Artificial food colors are hazardous to health, so use sparingly)
– Flavouring essence, I like to use vanilla. About 1 tsp of essence.
– Salt, one pinch.
– In a heavy ceramic/glass bowl, add a little ghee, about 1 tsp, mix in the rava, and roast uncovered for about 2-3 minutes. If you are using pre-roasted rava, skip this step. Stir every 30 seconds to ensure even roasting and prevent burning.
– Once the rava is roasted (you’ll know it’s done when it stops smelling raw and becomes fragrant), transfer to another plate. In the same ceramic bowl, add another 1 tsp ghee and fry the Cashews and Raisins. (Raisins take 30 sec and the cashews take an additional 2 minutes).
– Cook covered for around 2-3 minutes (remember to stir every 30 seconds).
– If you wish, you may stir in the last teaspoon of ghee before serving