My mother saw this on TV and told me about it, and I knew I had to make them.
It was absolutely simple, and is an excellent idea for appetizers.
It’s simply seasoned boneless chicken, shredded in the blender, mixed with finely diced onions, dipped in egg, rolled in a mixture of cornflour and cornflakes and deep fried. That’s it!
It was amazingly crunchy on the outside, and chewy and soft on the inside. Not to mention it tasted all gorgeously chicken-y.
Makes 25-20 meatballs.
To make these, you will be needing
– 500 gms Boneless chicken, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces.
– Your choice of seasoning: salt, pepper, paprika, red chilli powder, garam masala, white pepper powder, lime juice, etc. Whatever you like. How much ever you like. But careful with the salt though.
– 1 medium sized onion
– 1 cup Raw cornflakes (not the kind you eat for breakfast)
– 1 egg, beaten
– 2-3 tbsp Cornflour
– Season the chicken with salt and spices. If you wish, you can marinate it for a while.
– Place the seasoned chicken in the blender and blitz in 2-3 quick pulses. Do not blend continuously. We are looking for shredded, not minced chicken. Keep aside.
– Finely chop the onion. Add to the shredded chicken and mix completely. Roll into tiny balls. Set aside.
– Place the cornflakes in a bag and beat it with a rolling pin, or the back of a large ladle. You should end up with tiny chunks of cornflakes. Not too large. Not too powdery. Mix with cornflour. Transfer to a large plate.
– Dip the chicken ball into the beaten egg, then into the cornflour-cornflake mixture. Roll till the damp chicken is completely covered in cornflakes. Set aside.
– Heat some oil for deep frying the prepared chicken.
– Deep fry the chicken balls over a medium flame till they’re golden brown.
– Serve hot!
Leave a Reply