My mom is the one that usually comes up with eccentric combinations in food. So this is all her idea. I simply executed it.
I don’t know how many of you have heard of the palm fruit, that we call Nungu. I believe the English call them ‘Ice Apple’. It’s the fruit of the Palmyra tree, native to South and South-east Asia and looks like tiny flattened globules of clear jelly. It’s got a lot of health benefits, the most obvious one being that it helps combat dehydration in extremely hot places. I don’t have a picture of it right now, but you can just Google it.
And I don’t have to tell you how refreshing cold, sweetened coconut milk is. And to that add golden, juicy, sweet-as-hell mangoes and you get the ultimate summer splash! Oooooo yummm! It’s like being hugged from the inside!
Coconut milk topped with summer fruits
To make this, you will be needing
– Fresh Coconut milk, enough to submerge the cut fruits
– Chopped Nungu (Ice Apple)
– Chopped Mangoes
– Cherries (optional)
– Sugar or your preferred sweetener, to taste
– Refrigerate the ingredients – sweetened coconut milk and the cut fruits until you are ready to serve them
– Add a few spoons of the cut fruits to the serving glass/bowl
– Top with coconut milk to the brim
– Serve cold with a spoon
Leave a Reply