5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need to create this ‘creamy’, fudgy Vegan Chocolate Sauce!!
It’s no secret that I am a Chocoholic, so it should come as no surprise that this Vegan Chocolate Sauce is almost a constant entity in my refrigerator. For one, it is the easiest thing to whip up on a whim and two, it’s incredibly creamy and insanely choco-licious without a single drop of dairy in it!
Over heat, 5 simple ingredients that you probably already have at home – water, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla – emulsifies into this ooey-gooey-sauce that you can pour over just about anything!
I’ve had this Vegan Chocolate Sauce with ice-cream, drizzled over cakes and brownies, it also turns regular milk into instant hot chocolate and makes a kick-ass chocolate milkshake! But be warned – the simplicity of it all makes the temptation that much harder to resist!
It reminds me of the hot summer afternoons during school break when I’d watch Cartoon Network all afternoon sipping glass after glass of chilled chocolate milk, squeezing the life out of the chocolate syrup bottle in a little over a week, much to the dismay of my parents. And when they managed to wean me out of that habbit, I took to ‘eating’ Milo, not drinking it mind you, but I’d eat it straight up out of the jar! It wasn’t long before they realized chocolate and me were bonded for life, one way or another!
This sauce / syrup keeps well for about a month refrigerated. Just remember to use a clean dry spoon to take what you need and warm it up in the microwave before you drizzle away to a choco-licious oblivion!
- 1 c water
- 3/4 c sugar ( I used coconut sugar)
- 2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan with a whisk to ensure there are no lumps.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a slow boil. Once it reaches a thick, pourable consistency, remove from heat. Remember, the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- You may use it warm, or refrigerate (for a month) until ready to use. Just warm it up in the microwave before pouring over brownies, cakes, ice-cream, milkshakes and just about anything else that warrants a dose of chocolate!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Disclaimer: This nutritional data is calculated using third party tools and is only intended as a reference.