This 5 ingredient VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte is my summer go-to – Coffee, Chocolate syrup, Oat milk and tons of ice is all you need!
Disclosure: Special thanks to Calphalon for sponsoring this post and for choosing me as a Calphalon Cook brand Ambassador. All opinions, as always, are my own.
All year round, South Indian mornings are synonymous with coffee; there are two signs that signal a new day: the sunrise, and the smell of coffee wafting from the kitchen, but it wasn’t until I came to the US that I tasted my first iced coffee – and it was life altering. It immediately got me thinking, how in a country as hot as India, everyone, even in the cruel peak of summer, only drink hot coffees…
I never quite figured out the answer to that question, but iced coffees are now a regular part of my summer rituals – no questions asked.
Do you have an Espresso Machine yet?
I used to be a kettle and filter brewer (still occasionally do revert back for some quiet therapeutic time), but since I got the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine in my kitchen, the turn-a-dial-for-barista-style-coffee has me a little spoilt, and laziness always wins the day!
The thermoblock heating technology offers precise temperature control of water, which is very important for that perfect brew – left to my kettle + filter setup, I sometimes tend to dream away and let the kettle boil over, turning my coffee a little too acidic to anyone’s taste, leaving me acid-burping all morning. Gross.
No more. Perfect brew, every single time, a simple dial turn away!
Things I really love about the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine:
- The preset dials (steam, hot water, 1 shot, 2 shot) that make brewing so simple!
- The removable 2 litre water reservoir – the thing I hate about most coffee makers, is the desalination and cleaning process of the water reservoir. With a removable option, I get to clean mine more often, which gives me such peace of mind knowing I’m not making coffee with yucky water.
- The cafe size 58mm portafilter comes with coffee grounds baskets in two sizes – mine is a 2 person household, where only I drink coffee (my husband is an alien creature who hates coffee – I love him despite that flaw!), so the smaller size is perfect for just me! When I have coffee-loving normal humans over, I use the bigger size basket and everyone’s happy!
- The steam frother – seriously, that thing is magic!
Let’s make us some VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte
My fridge always has a bottle of my 5 ingredient Chocolate Sauce, which means making myself a chilled glass of VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte is never more than a 5 minute affair.
Step 1: Insert coffee grounds into the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine and get your espresso going!
Step 2: Fill a tall glass with a lot of ice.
Step 3: Pour chocolate sauce over ice.
Step 4: Pour hot espresso next. Don’t worry, there’s enough ice in the glass to take the heat.
Step 5: Chilled Oat milk + sugar to taste. Stir.
Step 6: Find a quiet spot and enter summer bliss.
Finding the right milk
The first few months when I was transitioning to a plant-based diet, the hardest part of daily life was the milk substitute in my morning coffee. I tried coconut (the most familiar, but it was too coconut-y), almond (the popular one and my choice for a few years, but didn’t sit quite right with me), chickpea (the worst, so far!), and finally settled on Oat milk.
Oat milk was the perfect fit – it is neutral tasting, thick, creamy without being fatty and more eco-friendly to manufacture.
If you haven’t tried oat milk yet in your beverages, I definitely urge you to try it.
So this summer, indulge yourself in this easy and quick VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte – find small moments during the day to relax, unwind and get a break from the heat. It’s not going to go away anytime soon, might as well enjoy the ride!
And if you’re a coffee aficionado, be sure to check out the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine available at Calphalon.com and Amazon.
When you make this VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte (which I really think you SHOULD!), be sure to SHARE YOUR PHOTOS with me through Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. I’d love to see what you cook from here!
VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte
This 5 ingredient VEGAN Iced Mocha Latte is my summer go-to - Coffee, Chocolate syrup, Oat milk and tons of ice is all you need!
- 2 c Ice cubes
- 1/2 c Espresso (see notes)
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Sauce
- 1 c Oat milk
- 1/2 tbsp Cane sugar, to taste
- Divide the ice between two tall glasses.
- In a measuring mug, combine the freshly brewed espresso, chocolate sauce, oat milk and sugar. Stir well to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the coffee mixture between the two glasses of ice.
- Adjust sweetening, if needed. (I like mine mildly sweet)
- Enjoy your chilled Iced Mocha Latte!
- I brewed my espresso using the Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine: 2 tbsp coffee grounds in the portafilter, tamped down. Two shots. I got about 1/2 c of strong espresso.
- Don't worry about cooling the coffee first: there's enough ice to make up for the freshly brewed heat.
- The measurements here reflect the dilution you'll get from the 2 cups of ice. If you don't have ice, and just want to use cold water, you'll need to dilute to taste.
- As the weather transitions from summer to Fall, you could also add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to your Iced coffee for a seasonal spin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Disclaimer: This nutritional data is calculated using third party tools and is only intended as a reference.
Nicole C Halterman says
I cannot wait to try this!! Oat milk is amazing!! And I most miss my iced mocha lattes from out local coffee shop. I am pretty new to the vegan lifestyle, so I am still learning.
Also, where can I find the beautiful pitcher you are using for your oat milk? I need that!
Tina Dawson says
Thank you Nicole! Oat milk IS amazing!!!! Welcome to the Vegan life, the planet thanks you for making the switch! The pitcher I’m using is actually an oil/vinegar cruet I picked up from a thrift store during one of my trips. I’m sorry I am not able to find you a link for it, but if I ever spot it online, I’ll email you a link!