- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:25m
- Total Time:30m
- Serves: 12
- Yield: 24 small/12 large cookies
- 1/2 c almonds, coarsely ground
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c sugar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small pan, melt the butter, sugar, honey and almonds over medium heat. Let it come to a boil, and let boil for a minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the flour.
- For large cookies, drop a tablespoon of batter per cookie, and space it at least 3 inches apart. They really spread while baking. For small, wafer thin cookies, drop a teaspoon of batter per cookie, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-9 minutes for large cookies, 4-6 minutes for the small ones. Bake only one tray at a time, in the middle rack of the oven, turning the tray around halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. They will be very soft when they come out, and get hard and crisp once cooled.
- Repeat until all the batter is finished.
- Transfer to an airtight container. They keep well for about a week.