- Prep Time: 8m
- Cook Time: 12m
- Total Time: 8h 20m
- Serves: 10
- Yield: 20 cookies
- 2 egg whites (100 grams), room temperature
- 1 c (120 grams) ground almonds
- 1 c (220 grams) caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 20 blanched almonds (optional)
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, ground almonds, sugar and almond extract at medium speed of your electric mixer for three minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then transfer the batter to a piping bag with a 1cm round tip and pipe circles onto the lined baking tray. Press one almond into the center of the piped batter.
- Cover loosely with foil and let it sit at room temperature overnight.
- Bake at a preheated 350°F/180°C for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool slightly in the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If the Amaretti is still sticking to the tray, bake for an additional 2 minutes.