- Prep Time:25m
- Cook Time:35m
- Total Time:1h
- Serves: 2
- 1 large russet potato or regular potatoes ( 16 oz / 450 grams)
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp. sambal oelek
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 2 -3 large cloves of garlic, grated
- Salt, to taste
- a handful of peanuts, chopped
- 2 sprigs of spring onion, chopped finely
- Peel and slice the potato in 1" thick pieces about a finger long. Immerse in water and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a medium baking tray with foil.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry, Toss in 1 tbsp oil and a little salt. Transfer to the prepared baking tray spaced apart.
- Bake at 400°F/200°C for 20 minutes then increase temperature to 450°F/ 230°C and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- When the potatoes are 5 minutes from being done, heat 1 tsp oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the grated garlic till golden brown and crispy. Add in the baked potatoes, sambal oelek, vinegar and salt. Toss well to combine.
- Once completely coated, add chopped peanuts, garnish with spring onion and serve hot!