- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:35m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: About 2-3 cups
- 3 c of Beetroot, washed, peeled, grated using the finest grater
- 1 c sugar, to taste*
- 2 -3 tsp ghee (substitute with vegan butter / vegetable oil)
- 1/4 c milk ( Vegans - substitute with water/coconut milk)
- 10 -15 Cashewnuts, broken to bits.
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Fry the cashews until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated beets and stir until the juices evaporates a bit.
- Add milk, stir well, cover and cook till it's no longer raw.
- Stir in the sugar, keep stirring until the halwa thickens. Remove from heat. Remember, as it cools, it'll continue to thicken, so you'll want to remove while there's a little bit of moisture left.
- Sprinkle the cashews and serve. Hot or cold, tastes great anyway!