- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:40m
- Total Time:45m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: About 5 cups of salad
- 2 inches of ginger, peeled and sliced julienne
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For the Salad
- 3 c iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 roma tomato, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/3 c cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c crispy baked lentils (link in post)
- 1/4 c crispy baked chickpeas (link in post)
- 1 tsp. fried onions
- 1 tsp. fried garlic
- pickled ginger*
- 1 tbsp. roasted peanuts, crushed coarsely
- a dash of lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. chilli oil
- 1/4 tsp. fried red chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
Pickling the ginger
- Combine the ginger, lime juice and salt in a clean, sterile container with a lid. Make sure the container is small enough that most of the ginger is submerged in the lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least).
Assemble the salad
- Layer all the ingredients in a serving bowl in this order: Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, crispy lentils, crispy chickpeas, fried onion, fried garlic, pickled ginger, fried ginger, peanuts and red chilli flakes.
- Just before serving, freshly squeeze lime juice, drizzle chilli oil, and garnish with cilantro. Season with salt as needed.
- Toss everything until combined and enjoy!