- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:30m
- Serves: 4
- 1 Green Mango, grated finely
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. roasted Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 c finely sliced onions
- A handful of roasted Peanuts, coarsely ground
- 1 1/2 onion, finely sliced
- 3 -4 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 10 Dry Red Chillis
- 1/2 c roasted split chickpeas, powdered
Prepping the ingredients
- Heat oil in a small pan over medium-low heat, enough for deep-frying.
- In multiple batches, deep fry sliced onions (reserve 1/2 onion) until light brown and crisp. Drain over paper towels, cool completely and store in an air-tight jar.
- In the same oil, deep fry the thinly sliced garlic until golden brown and crisp. Drain over paper towels, cool completely and store in an air-tight jar.
- In the same oil, deep fry dry long red chillis until slightly browned. Drain over paper towels, cool completely and grind into a powder. Store in an air-tight jar.
- Turn off heat, and once the oil is cool, transfer to a clean, dry jar. Use this oil in stir-fry and to moisten this salad. It is extremely flavourful. I call it Magic oil!
- Just before serving, combine grated raw mango, fried onions, garlic, fresh onion slices, roasted chickpea powder, crushed peanuts, 'magic oil' and salt. Stir well to combine. It won't look like your regular salad, a little sticky, but that's how it's supposed to.
- Don't mix it all together at once, treat it like a salad bar, mix as much as you need, keeping the ingredients separate until then. Once mixed, it needs to be consumed immediately to maintain its structural integrity.
- Serve immediately topped with sesame seeds. (optional)