- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:1h
- Total Time:1h 10m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 8 slices
- 1 lemon
- a small pot of boiling water
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c water
- Wash and pat the lemon dry. Slice the lemon finely.
- Bring a small pan of water to a rolling boil. Remove from heat.
- Drop the lemon slices into the hot water and let it cook in the residual heat for about a minute.
- Then pick them out and plunge them into an ice bath.
- In the meantime, heat a medium saucepan. Add sugar and water to it and bring to a rolling boil,
- Add the cooled lemon slices and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let it simmer (not boil) for 1 hour until the rind becomes translucent. Flip it every 20 minutes or so to let it cook evenly.
- Drain the slices and transfer onto a wire rack covered with parchment/wax paper.
- Let it cool. Use as needed.
Leave a Reply