- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:27m
- Total Time:45m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 10 slices
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 c Roasted Garlic and Herb breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. cornflour + 1/4c water slurry
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. fried red chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt, to taste (and sweat)
- Oil spray
- Slice eggplants in 1/2 inch thick pieces. Spread out on a large place/tray and sprinkle salt on both sides. Let sweat for 10 minutes, then wash and dab dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a large baking tray with foil.
- Dip the dry eggplant slices into the cornflour slurry then press into the breadcrumbs. Make sure both sides are covered generously in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated eggplant slices in the prepared baking tray in a single, non-touching layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F/200°C for 15 minutes. Increase temperature to 450°F/230°C, flip then continue baking for another 10 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes to finish.
- Serve hot!