- Prep Time:2h
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:2h 15m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 42 assorted samosas
For the Samosas
- 14 sheets of spring roll pastry
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tbsp. cornflour/cornstarch
Apple Pie filling
- 3/4 c chopped apples
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. sugar (to taste)
- a drop of lemon juice
Raspberry Jam filling
- 1/4 c + 2tbsp raspberry jam, melted (recipe link in post)
Banana Toffee filling
- 1/2 c bananas
- 1 tsp. VEGAN butter/oil
- Sugar, to taste
Berry Crumble filling
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1/2 c raspberries
- 1 tsp. sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. VEGAN butter / oil
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- Thaw the frozen spring roll pastry according to package instructions. Take the sheets you need, cover in a damp cloth. Refreeze the rest immediately.
Make the apple pie filling
- Combine all the ingredients (chopped apples, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon powder) in a small pan, and let it cook and soften over medium heat. Once the apples are cooked and all the juices evaporated, remove from heat and let cool completely. Set aside.
Make the Banana Toffee filling
- Melt some butter in a large sauce pan and swivel the pan to coat evenly. Arrange the banana slices on the pan in a single layer and sprinkle sugar on top. When the bottom has turned golden brown, flip and cook the other side. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Set aside.
Make the berry crumble filling
- In a small saucepan, combine the berries, sugar and butter and cook until the berries burst and release juices. Add the almond flour and continue cooking until reduced and thickened. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Set aside.
Prep the Raspberry jam
- If using refrigerated raspberry jam, microwave for 10-20 seconds until it comes back to a spreadable consistency.
Assemble the samosas
- Stack the thawed pastry sheets and cut in thirds. Cover with a damp cloth to prevent the sheets from drying out as you work piece by piece. Dissolve the corn starch and water to make a paste.
- Taking one sheet at a time, place a little filling on one end and fold into a triangle. Seal the end using a little cornstarch paste. Repeat until you run out of filling/pastry sheets or both.
- This recipe should make about 6 Apple Pie | 12 Raspberry | 6 Banana Toffee | 13 Berry Crumble | 5 Chocolate Samosas.
Freeze for later
- Store the samosas in either in freezer friendly storage bags or boxes. Don't forget to label the boxes/bags with the samosa flavours.
- Heat some oil in a small pan for deep-frying. Once the oil is hot, deep-fry the samosas until golden brown on both sides. If some filling should leak out during frying, scoop it out immediately, before it burns and turns the oil bitter.
- If using frozen samosas,DO NOT THAW! They should go straight from the freezer into hot oil directly.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a medium baking tray with foil/silicone baking mat.
- Arrange the frozen/freshly wrapped samosas in a single layer spaced apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 425°F/220°C for 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving warm.