- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:15m
- Serves: 2
- 1/4 c yellow/red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 -4 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. harissa
- 2 c vegetable stock
- dried Ramen noodles (see post*)
- Vegetables, for topping
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan and add the sliced garlic and onions. Fry on low heat until golden brown.
- Add the tomato paste and harissa and saute for a few seconds, then add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the dried noodles to the boiling stock and cook the noodles until soft.
- Divide between two bowls, top with sliced fresh vegetables (sliced radishes, peppers, baby shallots, spring onions, carrots, bok choy, etc), a drizzle of sesame oil, sprinkle of sesame seeds and serve hot.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a rolling boil. Add salt until it tastes like sea water. Boil the noodles until soft, drain and divide between two bowls.
- Pour boiling broth over the noodles until they are immersed, top with vegetables (sliced radishes, peppers, baby shallots, spring onions, carrots, bok choy, etc), a drizzle of sesame oil, sprinkle of sesame seeds and serve immediately.