- Cook Time:1m
- Total Time:1h
- Serves: 4
- Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 tsp. regular black tea
- Hot Water
- Maple Syrup or honey, to taste
Oven dry the Basil
- Preheat oven to the lowest temperature setting (170°F/80°C). Line a large baking tray with a silicone baking mat.
- Wash and dry the basil by gently rolling it in a clean kitchen towel, until you see no trace of moisture. Spread on the baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake in the topmost rack of your preheated oven at 170°F/80°C for 1-2 hours until crisp. I needed only 1 hour.
- Cool completely and transfer to a clean, dry glass container. You can also crush the leaves coarsely before storing.
Steep the tea
- Add the black tea and 1 tsp of dried basil to your steeper. I used a reusable muslin bag. Pour hot water and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. Sweeten with maple syrup or honey, if needed and drink hot.