- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- Yield: For 12 cupcakes or one 9-inch 2-layer cake
- 170 g (1.5 sticks) of butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 128 g (4.5 oz) bittersweet chocolate (~60% cacao), melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c sifted confectioner's sugar (icing sugar)
- In a large bowl, at medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter for a full 3 minutes. Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Whisk for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar slowly and beat on low speed until combined to a piping consistency. Remember to scrape down the sides with a spatula as you combine the sugar.
- Pipe or use a spatula or spoon to spread buttercream on cooled cupcakes.