- Prep Time:20m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:1h
- Serves: 7
- Yield: About 35 'fingers'
- 1 large russet potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 tbsp. oil/butter
- Salt, to taste
- 35 skinned and roasted almond halves
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder / paprika
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp. cornflour (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together and form a dough.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop out about 1 tsp of the potato dough, roll in your palms and shape into a finger. Press an almond half in place of a nail.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, arranging it the prepared baking tray. Finally, score 'knuckle' marks with a small knife.
- Bake at 400°F/200°C for 20-30 minutes, bottoms must be browned and insides mushy and soft. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve while still warm.