- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:14m
- Total Time:24m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: About 12 biscuits/cookies
- 120 g (4 oz / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 45 g (1.5 oz / 1/3 cup) icing sugar
- 135 g (4.6 oz / 1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla bean paste ( or 1 tsp extract)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Salt + Granulated Sugar, to sprinkle (optional)
- 1 Hefty® Slider bags
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium Hefty® Slider bags. Make sure that the butter is soft and at room temperature (not melted). Seal the bag close, removing most of the air trapped within.
- Squish the bag, kneading the ingredients till they form a soft, smooth dough.
- Cut a small opening on one end of the bag. Squeeze about a tablespoon of dough onto your palm and roll to form a small ball.
- Place the ball of dough on the prepared baking tray and flatten it with your palms to about 1/4 inch thick disk. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle a little salt and sugar on top of the pressed cookies just before transferring them to the oven.
- Bake at 180°C / 350°F for about 12-14 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown, but the centers are still white.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before transferring to a clean, dry air-tight container. Store at room-temperature for upto a week.
- If the biscuits soften with storage, reheat in the oven (180°C / 350°F ) for 5 minutes.