- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:12m
- Total Time:2h 15m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 12 mini buns
- 375 g all purpose flour
- 7 g salt
- 12 g sugar
- 8 g instant yeast
- 265 mL milk (I used 2% milk) + more for brushing
- 20 mL water
- 54 mL olive oil (or other vegetable oil) + more for brushing
Make the dough
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwave proof bowl, combine the milk, water and oil. Heat until lukewarm to the touch.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the lukewarm liquid. Knead the dough using your fingers and base of your palm.
- It might seem too wet and oily, but keep at it, and the flour will absorb all the liquid and the longer you knead, the more firm the dough will get.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm spot to rise and double in size for an hour.
- Transfer the risen dough onto a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough is light, airy and springy to the touch.
- Use a weigh scale and weigh the dough. Divide in 12 equal parts using the weigh scale. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball.
- Line a 9" baking tin with parchment paper. Grease the sides with oil.
- Place the 12 dough balls in the prepared baking tin. Don't worry if there are spaces between the dough pieces.
- Cover with a damp cloth and and let it rise again for 30 minutes. It should double in size and fill all the gaps.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Brush the risen dough with milk. This will give it a nice golden brown crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F/200°C for 10-12 minutes until golden brown on the top and sounds hollow when you knock on the bread.
- Transfer immediately to a wire rack and brush the tops generously with olive oil. Let it cool completely, and it will get softer as it cools.
- Store at room temperature, covered in foil or brown paper. Eat within 2-3 days.