- Prep Time:3m
- Cook Time:7m
- Total Time:6h 10m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 2 cakes
- 1 1/3 c spring/mineral water
- 1/4 tsp. (leveled) agar agar powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 -4 tbsp Kuromitsu / honey / jaggery syrup
- 2 tbsp. Kinako / roasted peanut powder / roasted split chickpea flour
- Combine the water, agar and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir to dissolve as much as possible.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and let it boil for a full minute as you stir continuously.
- You should see no cloudiness, no undissolved granules, just clear liquid.
- Let it cool completely.
- Pour into a semi-spherical mold. If using a spherical mold, do not close using the lid that came with the kit, rather just cover with cling film. We want a flat base for the sphere.
- Refrigerate overnight or for 5-6 hours at least.
- Run a small toothpick around the edge to loosen it up. Sit the mold in warm water for a few seconds to loosen the base.
- Unmold carefully and serve immediately with a side of Kuromitsu and Kinako.