- Prep Time:30m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:1h
- Serves: 5
- Yield: 20
- 20 baby potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 c flat noodles, cooked with salt, rinsed in cold water and drained
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder (paprika)
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp. fried red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- Salt, to taste
- Vegetable Oil (either to deep-fry or spray)
- 20 Toothpicks
- Toss the cooked potatoes in the spices until well coated: red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder, fried red chilli flakes, cornflour and salt.
- Wrap each seasoned potato with noodles, strand by strand, overlapping each strand until the potato is completely covered. Pin the last strand into the potato using a toothpick.
Deep fry method
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and deep-fry the wrapped potatoes until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot!
- Line a small baking tray with foil. Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C. Spray/brush each potato bundle with oil and place on baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the potato bundles and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes until crisp and golden brown.