- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:8h
- Serves: 4
- 270 g (about 1 medium sized) Beetroot (washed, peeled, cubed)
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp. - 1 tsp (to taste) Nielsen Massey Rose water
- Blend the chopped up beetroot with water until you get a smooth puree with no chunks. Run it through a sieve if you must.
- Combine the beetroot juice with sugar in a medium pan and place it on medium heat. Let it come to a rolling boil and continue boiling until the raw beet smell disappears.
- There will be foam on top as the beets boil, just keep skimming them off with a spoon. And keep stirring to prevent any burning.
- Pour into an 8" loaf tin and stir in the rose water. Skim off any leftover foam. Let cool completely before putting it in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and use a fork to break up the frozen beet juice into chunks. Blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the loaf tin and re-freeze. In another 2 hours, remove from the freezer and blend again. Refreeze.
- 5 minutes before serving, take the sorbet out of the freezer and let it thaw slightly. Scoop and serve! Keeps well frozen for a week.