- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:8m
- Total Time:2h 18m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: About 12 slices
- 1 pineapple, skinned + sliced into 1" pieces
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sambal oelek (red chilli paste)
- 4 tsp. honey
- 2 cubes Dorot Crushed Ginger (1 cube = 1 tsp)
- 2 cubes Dorot Chopped Cilantro (1 cube = 1 tsp)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil (optional)
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl: sambal oelek, honey, ginger, cilantro and sesame oil. Mix together, making sure the frozen cubes have thawed and broken down.
- Place the pineapple slices in a large glass/stainless steel bowl. Pour the marinade over the pineapple. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Lightly grease the hot grill, wiping off excess with a paper towel. Place the marinated pineapple on the grill in a single layer and cook for 3.5 mins on each side. Do not try to lift, flip or move during this time.
- Remove from the grill, brush with some marinade. Serve hot!