- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 1.5 cups
- 200 g (7oz) Firm Tofu, pressed and drained of water
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp. Sambal Oelek (substitute with red chilli paste or siracha)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- a handful of finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic until golden brown and fragrant.
- Reduce the heat slightly, and add the sliced tofu in one even layer.
- Once the bottom is golden brown, flip them all to the other side using a small spoon.
- Once that side is also golden, you may either proceed to the sauce or flip all sides to get a crisp skin throughout.
- In a bowl, combine the sambal oelek, honey, vinegar and soy.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu.
- Stir over high heat until the tofu absorbs most of the liquid.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the spring onions and sesame seeds
- Serve hot and enjoy!