- Prep Time:2m
- Cook Time:5m
- Total Time:7m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: About 2 1/2 cups
- 3 small bananas (3 inches), over ripe
- 1 c Almond milk (freshly pressed)
- 1 c hot water
- 1 tea bag
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder (plus more for sprinkling)
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Steep the tea bag in hot water. Strain the bag and set aside the tea.
- In a blender, combine the bananas, almond milk, cacao powder and coconut sugar. Blend until combined and strain through a fine meshed sieve to catch banana seeds or any unblended bits.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium-low heat. The heat brings out the natural flavor and sweetness of the bananas.
- Once it begins to boil, add the steeped tea, remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract and divide between two mugs. Sprinkle with more cacao powder on top and serve hot.
- Note: if the beverage is too thick for your taste, dilute with more steeped tea and adjust sweetness to taste.