- Prep Time:2m
- Cook Time:3m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 1 1/2 cup
- 1 c water
- 3/4 c sugar ( I used coconut sugar)
- 2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan with a whisk to ensure there are no lumps.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a slow boil. Once it reaches a thick, pourable consistency, remove from heat. Remember, the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- You may use it warm, or refrigerate (for a week) until ready to use. Just warm it up in the microwave before pouring over brownies, cakes, ice-cream, milkshakes and just about anything else that warrants a dose of chocolate!