- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 4
- Yield: 4 Elotes
- 4 ears of sweet corn
For the crumbled cashews
- 1/4 c raw cashews
For the cashew crema
- 1/2 c cashews, soaked till soft
- 1 -2 small garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. cajun seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- lime wedges
Make the cashew crumble
- In a small blender jar, pulse raw cashews until they are ground but mostly chunky. Almost like cotija cheese. Set side.
Make the cashew crema
- In the same small blender, combine soaked cashews (drained), garlic, paprika and cajun seasoning Grind to a smooth paste. Add lime juice and salt to taste, and adding just as much water you need to make it either runny or goopy, grind for a few more seconds until combined and at the consistency of your preference.
Cook the corn
- Boil/Steam the sweet corn until al dente (still has a bit of bite to it and isn't overly soft). Peel back the husk to form a makeshift handle for you to work with.
- Either toss the cooked corn on the cob on a hot grill or if you have a gas stove, rotate over the open flame until scorch marks appear. A kitchen blowtorch also works! Set aside.
- Spread the cashew crema on the grilled corn. Sprinkle generously with the crumbled cashew, a sprinkle of paprika and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
- The cashew cream keeps well refrigerated for a week. Store the crumbled cashew in a clean, dry, airtight jar at room temperature.