- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:40m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: 8 mini bundt cakes
For the cakes
- 1 c Unbleached All purpose flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c coffee (1 tsp instant coffee + 1/2 c water)
- 1/2 c olive oil + more for greasing
- 1/2 c vegan yogurt (I used So Delicious unsweetened - vanilla)
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 c bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
For the chocolate icing
- 1/4 tsp. agar agar powder
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 c canned coconut milk
- 1/2 c bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 c Roasted + chopped hazelnuts for sprinkling
Make the Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease 8 mini bundt tins with oil and place them on a baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: Coffee, olive oil, yogurt, vanilla. Stir well to combine. Make sure there are no lumps of yogurt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir well to combine into a smooth, lump-free batter. Divide batter into the greased bundt tins equally. Drop about 4-5 chocolate chips per bundt tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven at 350°F/180°C for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack until it is comfortably warm to the touch. Turn over the bundt tin and by gently tapping the bottom, release the cakes from the tins. Let cool completely on the wire rack.
Make the chocolate icing
- While the cakes cool, make the chocolate icing: In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients (agar, water, coconut milk, chocolate chops, sugar) - except the vanilla.
- Bring to a slow boil. Once the chocolate is melted and the entire thing is smooth and creamy, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Let cool slightly, until it is of a thick, yet pourable consistency.
- Pour the chocolate icing over the bundt cakes in a smooth layer, letting the excess drip away. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Let the icing set at room temperature for a few minutes. Serve chilled or as is.
- Store in an air tight container, refrigerated for upto 5 days.