- Prep Time:38m
- Cook Time:18m
- Total Time:56m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: One 10" pan pizza
For the base
- 1 c (135 g) all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1/2 c (100 ml) lukewarm water
- 1/2 tbsp. (7 g) sugar
- 3/4 tsp. (4 g) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. (5 g) instant yeast
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 1/2 c spicy marinara (recipe link in post)
- 1/4 c onions, bite sized pieces
- 1/2 c assorted colored bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 c spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. Dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Make a well in the center and pour in the lukewarm water. Mix to make a smooth dough. It might be a little sticky, it's ok.
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel and place in a warm spot for 15-20 minutes for the dough to rise.
- Transfer dough to a work surface lightly dusted with flour and knead for one minute until soft and springy.
- Generously grease a 10" cast iron pan with olive oil. Make sure to grease the sides and the base.
- Place the dough in the center and using your fingers, spread it evenly to the sides of the pan. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let rest in a warm spot for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230 C.
- While the oven is preheating, spread marinara on the pizza dough, and top with vegetables evenly. Finally, sprinkle some dried Italian herb seasoning.
- Onec the oven is preheated, place the cast iron pan on the stove on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Immediately transfer pan to the hot oven and bake at 450F/230 C for 15 minutes. The vegetables must be wilted and cooked on the top and the base crispy.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a wire rack for 5 minutes. Slice into wedges, sprinkle red pepper flakes to taste and serve hot.