- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:40m
- Total Time:50m
- Serves: 2
For the Tofu curry
- 200 g Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 115 g red onion, chopped
- 12 g ginger, grated
- 12 g garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3/4 c water
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder/paprika
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- Salt, to taste
For the Noodles
- 260 g dried noodles (eggless)
- Water, to cook
- Salt, to taste
For the stock
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 4 c water
- 1 c Kale/Mustard greens
- Fried Onions
- Fried Garlic
- Fried red chilli flakes
- Roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Fresh Cilantro/Spring Onions, chopped
- 100 g Cabbage, shredded
- 1 Jalapenos, sliced
- 1 c chickpeas, pan roasted
Make the Tofu Curry
- Using two forks, shred the block of tofu until it resembles scrambled eggs.
- Heat oil in an 8" skillet and once hot, add the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and a pinch of salt. Sauté till the onions and soft and fragrant.
- Add the shredded tofu and keep frying until all the water lets out and evaporates.
- Add tomato paste, ground spices, soy sauce and water. Season with salt to taste. Let it come to a boil until thick and curry like.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Make the vegetable stock
- In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to the boil. Add the bouillon cube to the hot water, smash with the back of a spoon to dissolve.
- Simmer on the lowest hear until the noodles are done.
- Once the noodles are done, add the leafy greens to the stock to cook until done.
Cook the noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add salt to the water (as you would pasta water). Cook the noodles till soft.
- Strain and divide between two bowls.
- Spoon some tofu curry on the noodles, add the cooked greens to the side and pour over some of the vegetable stock until it reaches the top of the noodles.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice, and generously pile on your choice of toppings.
- Serve hot!