- Prep Time:15m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:45m
- Serves: 6
- Yield: 6 burgers
For the patties
- 2 c (15 oz / 425 grams) sweet potato, cooked and grated
- 3/4 c (4 oz / 100 grams) beetroot, cooked and grated
- 3/4 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c green bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated finely
- 4 mint leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 c garlic flavoured bread crumbs
- 6 tsp. oil
For the burger
- 6 Burger Buns
- 6 Iceberg Lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4" pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1/4" rings
- 2 large tomatoes
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the grated beetroot). Finally stir in the beets using a form, just until it's dispersed without bleeding too much color into the mixture.
- Divide batter into 6 and shape into 1 inch thick patties. Place patties on a baking tray lined with cling film or wax paper.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and fry the patties one by one over medium heat until slightly browned on both sides.
- Assemble the burger with lettuce, fried patty, onion rings, cucumbers, tomato and any other fillers you like.
- Serve hot!